Baker Hughes ( BHI) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Baker Hughes rose $0.89 (1.9%) to $47.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,900,655 shares of Baker Hughes exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,394,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.61-$48.01 after having opened the day at $46.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.69. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: China Natural Resources ( CHNR), up 24.5%, PrimeEnergy ( PNRG), up 18.1%, Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), up 11.5% and PostRock Energy ( PSTR), up 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Baker Hughes Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.