AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 150 million active users, today announced the receipt of a several recent awards from the reseller channel for its AVG CloudCare™ and AVG® AntiVirus products. AVG CloudCare, the cloud-based IT administration platform for small businesses, was the recipient of two recent awards by the worldwide industry association The ASCII Group and the UK publication Microscope. The AVG CloudCare platform is provided exclusively to channel partners free-of-charge enabling them to roll out “pay-as-you-go” services that make it easier for them to manage and protect their small business (SMB) customers. It is differentiated by its free AVG Remote IT service, one-click service and user activation plus easy policy deployment that help save time and reduce the need for onsite customer visits. Additional benefits include sales alerts and one-click reporting to help demonstrate partners’ added value. In keeping with AVG’s security DNA, among the first services rolled out within AVG CloudCare were its acclaimed business-strength AVG AntiVirus and AVG Content Filtering. Among recent awards, AVG AntiVirus was bestowed Reader’s Choice Awards by ChannelPro-SMB. Recent AVG product and technology award highlights include:
- ASCII’s Chicago Summit 2013: Best of Cloud Solutions. The esteemed ASCII Success Summit “Best of Show” awards by the ASCII Group®, the world’s largest IT Solution Provider community, are voted on by the attendees of each of its eight regional Success Summits. The ASCII Chicago Summit, held in June, voted AVG as the technology company with the best cloud solution for the IT industry.
- MicroScope Awards for Channel Excellence: Cloud Computing Technology. The MicroScope ACEs, now in its sixth year, celebrate the best-performing organizations in the UK IT channel. The awards were based on submissions in a judging process that included votes by thousands of channel readers in the UK. Full information on this year’s ACE awards is available at http://www.microscope.co.uk/news/2240185968/MicroScope-ACEs-2013-The-winners.
- ChannelPro-SMB 2013 Readers’ Choice Awards: Best AntiVirus Vendor (Gold Award) and Best Security Software (Bronze Award). The ChannelPro-SMB awards were based on reader votes for the most SMB- and partner-friendly products, technologies, services, programs, and professional organizations in the channel today. The awards survey conducted during Q1 2013 drew participation from more than 1,000 VARs, MSPs, systems integrators, custom builders, and IT consultants in the channel serving SMBs.
“We owe a great deal of our success to the dedication, hard work and creativity of AVG employees around the world,” said Foreman. “Many of us on the SMB team have roots in the channel, including Jennifer and AVG’s VP for Sales and Operations for North America, Luke Walling, who was named one of CRN Channel Chiefs earlier this year. Our channel heritage is not only a great source of pride, but guides our philosophy in how we build products, services and programs for AVG SMB.”AVG CloudCare is available via AVG reseller and managed service partners in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. AVG Remote IT is offered for free. For all other AVG CloudCare services, customers pay only for the services they use with a convenient monthly billing option. To find out more and to become an AVG CloudCare partner, go to www.avg.com/cloudcare. For logos, screenshots and case study videos, please see the AVG CloudCare press kit: http://mediacenter.avg.com/en/press-tools/avg-cloudcare-press-kit/avg-cloudcare-press-kit.html About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG) AVG’s mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG’s powerful yet easy-to‐use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG’s software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 150 million active users as of March 31, 2013 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software. www.avg.com Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797