NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Western Digital Corporation (Nasdaq: WDC) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A-. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- WDC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, WDC has a quick ratio of 1.79, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WDC's share price has jumped by 110.13%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WDC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WESTERN DIGITAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 18.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WESTERN DIGITAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.45 versus $3.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.32 versus $6.45).
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.