Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Exelon fell $0.56 (-1.8%) to $30.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,722,155 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,127,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.19-$31.03 after having opened the day at $30.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.88. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Dynegy ( DYN), down 5.3%, Empresa Nacional de ElectricidadSA ( EOC), down 3.3%, American Water Works ( AWK), down 3.0% and Consolidated Water Company ( CWCO), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.