Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Amgen fell $1.17 (-1.2%) to $97.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,840,815 shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,826,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $97.28-$101.72 after having opened the day at $100.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.66. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 38.6%, Insmed ( INSM), down 18.7%, TherapeuticsMD ( TXMD), down 13.5% and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals ( KBIO), down 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.