First Solar ( FSLR) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, First Solar rose $1.50 (3.3%) to $46.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,322,987 shares of First Solar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,054,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.28-$47.44 after having opened the day at $45.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.81. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Voltari ( VLTC), up 888.7%, Wave Systems Corporation ( WAVX), up 260.0%, TranSwitch Corporation ( TXCC), up 18.1% and Interphase ( INPH), up 15.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full First Solar Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.