AutoNation ( AN) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, AutoNation rose $1.55 (3.6%) to $44.94 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,176,130 shares of AutoNation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 712,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.64-$45.57 after having opened the day at $43.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.39. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Barnes & Noble ( BKS), up 9.0%, Hollywood Media Corporation ( HOLL), up 6.8%, CSS Industries ( CSS), up 6.8% and Netflix ( NFLX), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full AutoNation Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.