Amazon.com ( AMZN) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Amazon.com rose $4.41 (1.6%) to $282.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,856,254 shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,038,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $277.16-$283.29 after having opened the day at $279.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $277.69. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Best Buy ( BBY), up 8.8%, E-Commerce China Dangdang ( DANG), up 6.3%, Overstock.com ( OSTK), up 6.2% and Liberty Interactive ( LINTB), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.