Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $1.12 (1.0%) to $113.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,248,844 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,065,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $112.51-$113.77 after having opened the day at $112.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $111.92. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: CoreLogic ( CLGX), up 8.1%, AmTrust Financial Services ( AFSI), up 4.6%, Genworth Financial ( GNW), up 4.5% and Citizens ( CIA), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.