Alexion Pharmaceuticals ( ALXN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Alexion Pharmaceuticals rose $3.62 (3.9%) to $95.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,068,528 shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,546,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $93.34-$99.04 after having opened the day at $93.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $92.24. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Onyx Pharmaceuticals ( ONXX), up 51.3%, Bacterin International Holdings ( BONE), up 20.0%, Spherix ( SPEX), up 19.3% and Prima Biomed ( PBMD), up 18.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.