Discover Financial Services ( DFS) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Discover Financial Services rose $0.94 (2.0%) to $48.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,777,206 shares of Discover Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,334,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.95-$48.90 after having opened the day at $48.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.64. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Federal Agricultural Mortgage ( AGM.A), up 18.0%, Roberts Realty Investors ( RPI), up 17.6%, Altis Resident ( RESI), up 12.5% and AmeriServ Financial ( ASRV), up 9.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Discover Financial Services Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.