Schlumberger ( SLB) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Schlumberger rose $1.12 (1.6%) to $72.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,409,036 shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,029,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.95-$73.34 after having opened the day at $72.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.66. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: GMX Resources ( GMXRQ), up 11.8%, Harvest Natural Resources ( HNR), up 11.0%, Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 10.3% and GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.