Corning ( GLW) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Corning rose $0.22 (1.6%) to $14.45 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,803,121 shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,347,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.28-$14.55 after having opened the day at $14.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.23. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: TranSwitch Corporation ( TXCC), up 18.1%, Hanwha SolarOne ( HSOL), up 14.3%, Trio-Tech International ( TRT), up 12.1% and Ascent Solar Technologies ( ASTI), up 11.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.