Valeant Pharmaceuticals International ( VRX) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International rose $1.92 (2.2%) to $88.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,792,869 shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,971,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.89-$89.25 after having opened the day at $87.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.08. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Onyx Pharmaceuticals ( ONXX), up 51.3%, Bacterin International Holdings ( BONE), up 20.0%, Prima Biomed ( PBMD), up 18.9% and Oxygen Biotherapeutics ( OXBT), up 18.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.