Banco Santander ( SAN) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Banco Santander rose $0.12 (1.9%) to $6.59 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,487,214 shares of Banco Santander exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,271,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.57-$6.69 after having opened the day at $6.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.47. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: AmeriServ Financial ( ASRV), up 9.5%, FNB United ( FNBN), up 8.9%, Anchor Bancorp ( ANCB), up 7.9% and Severn Bancorp ( SVBI), up 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Banco Santander Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.