As families prepare for an on-the-go summer, Comcast, a global media and technology company, is launching Xfinity TV’s Summer of Kids to spotlight its incredible library of family-friendly On Demand content, along with more than 1,000 downloadable kids TV shows and films across platforms, plus new tools and features for safer and smarter viewing wherever summer takes them. With content from every major kids network and brand, Xfinity On Demand brings families the most options of what, when and where to watch. Whether on the road, on a plane, or simply at home, Xfinity TV’s Summer of Kids will highlight this programming and give families more ways to enjoy time together during the season.
- Unparalleled content offering: Xfinity TV customers will have access to all the best kids TV shows for all ages including Dora the Explorer, Angry Birds Toons, Sofia the First, Phineas and Ferb, Ben 10, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, The Chica Show, Sid the Science Kid, Lazy Town, Pajanimals, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and hundreds more.
- Free WiFi hotspots: From July 15 through July 31, tens of thousands of Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the nation will be available at no cost to anyone with a WiFi–enabled device; giving families more options for streaming the best kids content, such as The Wiggles, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, iCarly, and Thomas and Friends, while on-the-go.
- Huge selection of downloadable content: Xfinity On Demand now offers more than 1,000 downloadable kid-friendly choices, including popular movies such as Finding Nemo, The Muppets, Brave and Freaky Friday, that are included as part of a customer’s respective Xfinity Digital TV, Streampix and premium subscriptions. Sprout and Kabillion, along with content from Warner Brothers and Cookie Jar offered via Xfinity Streampix, are now joining STARZ, ENCORE, MOVIEPLEX, and Showtime as networks offering kids content that can be downloaded directly to tablets and smartphones and enjoyed in places where there’s no Internet connection.
- Families help select programming with Family Movie Night: Families wanting a relaxing evening at home during the busy summer can go to Xfinity TV’s Facebook page to vote for a movie they’d like to see discounted during “Family Movie Night” weekends in July, including timeless hits such as Babe, Monsters Inc. and How to Train Your Dragon.
- Ratings: In partnership with Common Sense Media, Xfinity TV is integrating TV show and film ratings into Xfinity.com/TV kids content.
- Easier Discovery Across Platforms: Comcast is also working with Common Sense Media to let customers filter content by age group and most-watched on Xfinity On Demand. Additionally, the Xfinity TV Player App on Apple devices now features a dedicated family and kids content section, making it easier than ever for parents to find what they are looking for while on-the-go.
- New Resources for Parents: Comcast recently launched a parental controls microsite to help parents manage what their kids are watching on TV, online and on mobile devices.
Summer of Kids follows on the heels of Xfinity TV’s highly successful Watchathon Week in March, which was the biggest catch-up in TV history. For details on Summer of Kids visit www.xfinity.com/summerofkids. For information on Xfinity TV and Xfinity On Demand visit www.xfinity.com/TV. Join the conversation on www.facebook.com/Xfinity and www.twitter.com/Xfinity_TV with hashtag #Summerofkids.To access Xfinity WiFi, customers and non-customers should look for "xfinitywifi" on the list of available networks on their wireless device and follow the sign-in prompts to begin their WiFi session. They also can use the Xfinity WiFi App to locate thousands of Xfinity WiFi hotspots nationwide. For additional information, please follow Comcast on Twitter and Google+. About Comcast Cable: Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit http://www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.