NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Kinder Morgan (NYSE: KMI) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- KMI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 13.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 64.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 46.80% is the gross profit margin for KINDER MORGAN INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.54% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $767.00 million or 36.96% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KINDER MORGAN INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -24.27%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 1290.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $21.00 million to $292.00 million.
- KINDER MORGAN INC's earnings per share declined by 49.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KINDER MORGAN INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.22 versus $0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.26 versus $1.22).
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.