Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE) today announced a first for the K Trade Fair exhibit this October in Dusseldorf, Germany — the global technology and specialty materials company will showcase the full scope of its highly-diversified products designed to help drive innovation in mobility, water, energy and infrastructure, healthcare and consumer products. Under the theme “Celanese – The chemistry inside innovation ™,” the company will highlight its material solutions at booths A07 and B07 in Hall 06. “The Celanese engineering polymers business, Ticona, has a long history of presenting innovative products and applications at the K Trade Fair. For K 2013, attendees will see the full scope of the Celanese innovation offering, from advanced materials to consumer specialty products that hold leading positions in industries served worldwide,” said Maria Ciliberti, Celanese vice president of sales - Europe, Middle East and Africa. “We will show how our highly-diversified materials can provide solutions that help customers manage the megatrends that will shape a broad range of end-use applications.” Industry-Leading Materials Whether for transportation, consumer, energy, water or healthcare, the advantages of engineered materials — parts consolidation, cost reduction, performance, functionality, appearance, durability and recyclability — will be on display at the Celanese K 2013 exhibit: Mobility With the push for lighter and more efficient vehicles, weight and cost reduction can be achieved with innovative structural and functional components that rely on light, cost-effective, engineered materials. Various applications will be on display to illustrate how these materials help transportation customers optimize the balance of functionality, performance, aesthetics and cost. These highly engineered materials allow designers to consolidate parts into a single component, which can eliminate assembly and secondary machining operations and improve part quality, and achieve stylish, contemporary designs. The exhibit will include:
- The JEC Innovation Award-winning AgustaWestland thermoplastic composite helicopter tailplane.
- Innovative solutions for automotive powertrain, advanced fuel systems and interior and exterior components.
- The expedition sled, or Pulka, used in “Mission Icefox.”
- A stylish oven designed by award-winning designer Indio da Costa of Brazil; da Costa will be at the exhibit to discuss contemporary design with a focus on geometry, harmony and consistency thanks to new material innovations.
- Communication devices (mobile phones, tablets, laptops), cookware, sporting equipment, lamps with OLED modules and eye wear with anti-fog films.
- A closed water circulation system will demonstrate the benefits of engineered materials used in filtration, storage and distribution.
- Advanced material solutions for challenging on- and off-shore oil and gas recovery, biofuels, solar power and other emerging technologies.
- Diagnostic devices, drug delivery systems and packaging, medical devices and orthopedic implants and applications that employ engineering polymers, which comply with regulatory agency requirements and provide customers with traceability and product quality.
Materials Innovation on DisplayCelanese will devote key segments of the exhibit to material innovations from its broad product offering:
- Ticona Engineering Polymers (Celebrating 50 years of Celcon ®/Hostaform ® acetal copolymer (POM) with new Hostaform product introductions) — Celanex ® thermoplastic polyester (PBT), Celstran ®/Factor ®/Compel ® long fiber reinforced thermoplastics (LFRT), Celstran CFR-TP, Fortron ® polyphenylene sulfide (PPS), GUR UHMW-PE, Celcon/Hostaform POM, Impet ® thermoplastic polyester (PET), Riteflex ® thermoplastic polyester elastomer (TPC-ET), Thermx ® polycyclohexylene-dimethylene terephthalate (PCT), Vandar ® thermoplastic polyester alloys (PBT) and Vectra ®/Zenite ® liquid crystal polymers (LCP).
- Clarifoil ® Thermoform Film — Cellulose di-acetate films used in a wide range of products that can provide an environmentally friendly, cost-effective alternative to conventional packaging.
- Emulsion Polymers — Mowilith ® and Vinamul ® emulsions.
- EVA Performance Polymers — Ateva ® ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) and VitalDose ® (EVA).
- Acetate Products — cellulose bioplastic materials.
|Celanese Business Unit Contacts:|
|Ticona Engineering Polymers:||Americas:|
|Stephen Cushard, Global Marketing Communications Manager|
|Henning Küll, Public Relations Manager|
|Amber Zhao, Marketing Communications|