EQT ( EQT) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, EQT fell $1.63 (-2.0%) to $79.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,370,990 shares of EQT exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,470,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $79.04-$80.85 after having opened the day at $80.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.00. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 5.4%, Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), down 3.0%, American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 3.0% and American Midstream Partners ( AMID), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full EQT Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.