CSX ( CSX) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, CSX fell $0.27 (-1.1%) to $23.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,821,847 shares of CSX exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,149,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.17-$23.55 after having opened the day at $23.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.46. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Matson ( MATX), down 5.7%, Rand Logistics ( RLOG), down 4.5%, Quality Distribution ( QLTY), down 4.1% and Gol Intelligent Airlines ( GOL), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full CSX Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.