Dick's Sporting Goods ( DKS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Dick's Sporting Goods fell $1.03 (-2.0%) to $50.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,147,009 shares of Dick's Sporting Goods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,280,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.55-$50.62 after having opened the day at $50.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.09. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: DGSE Companies ( DGSE), down 6.6%, Build-A-Bear Workshop ( BBW), down 6.6%, Perfumania Holdings ( PERF), down 5.5% and Hollywood Media Corporation ( HOLL), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dick's Sporting Goods Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.