Nucor ( NUE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.3%. By the end of trading, Nucor fell $0.76 (-1.7%) to $43.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,160,003 shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,239,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.29-$44.17 after having opened the day at $44.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.08. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Golden Star Resources ( GSS), down 16.0%, Mines Management ( MGN), down 14.5%, Dominion Diamond ( DDC), down 14.4% and United States Antimony Corporation ( UAMY), down 12.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.