LyondellBasell Industries ( LYB) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, LyondellBasell Industries fell $1.24 (-1.8%) to $66.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,016,810 shares of LyondellBasell Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,413,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $66.26-$67.75 after having opened the day at $67.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.50. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 19.9%, REX American Resources ( REX), down 7.2%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 4.1% and LSB Industries ( LXU), down 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full LyondellBasell Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.