Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras ( PBR.A) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras fell $0.36 (-2.4%) to $14.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,391,280 shares of Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,473,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.46-$14.81 after having opened the day at $14.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.02. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GMX Resources ( GMXRQ), down 92.2%, Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 19.9%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), down 16.0% and Mines Management ( MGN), down 14.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.