NextEra Energy ( NEE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, NextEra Energy rose $1.06 (1.3%) to $81.48 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,697,707 shares of NextEra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,787,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.18-$81.77 after having opened the day at $81.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.42. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Beacon Power ( BCON), up 16.7%, Consolidated Water Company ( CWCO), up 3.8%, Dynegy ( DYN), up 2.5% and PG&E ( PCG), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.