Groupon ( GRPN) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Groupon rose $0.16 (1.9%) to $8.55 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 28,316,301 shares of Groupon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,266,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $8.23-$8.69 after having opened the day at $8.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.39. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Mediabistro ( MBIS), up 22.2%, ModusLink Global Solutions ( MLNK), up 8.5%, Renren ( RENN), up 5.3% and Global Sources ( GSOL), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Groupon Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.