Validus Holdings ( VR) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Validus Holdings rose $0.65 (1.8%) to $36.12 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,459,415 shares of Validus Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,127,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.20-$36.12 after having opened the day at $35.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.47. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: United Insurance Holdings ( UIHC), up 5.6%, Fortegra Financial ( FRF), up 4.6%, Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), up 3.1% and Tower Group ( TWGP), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Validus Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.