Walter Energy ( WLT) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Walter Energy rose $0.33 (3.3%) to $10.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,338,600 shares of Walter Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,302,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.01-$10.46 after having opened the day at $10.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.07. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), up 25.0%, Alexco Resource ( AXU), up 23.0%, Sandstorm Gold ( SAND), up 19.6% and Fortuna Silver Mines ( FSM), up 18.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walter Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.