Westport Enters New Marketing Agreement with Clean EnergyWestport has committed $5 million to a new co-marketing program aimed at increasing the natural gas vehicle market, and will allow Westport to provide purchase incentives for fleets, including fuel credits, and includes a commitment from Clean Energy to purchase Westport products. Highlights of the new marketing agreement include but are not limited to:
- $5 million payable in March 2014 as payment for co-marketing activities by Clean Energy over the next two years
- Clean Energy will provide 750,000 GGEs (gasoline gallons equivalents) of CNG, to be used by Westport as marketing and “bundling” incentives. Fuel is useable anywhere in the Clean Energy network of CNG fueling stations until December 2015.
- Clean Energy will provide support for Westport product sales and marketing
- Westport and Clean Energy will collaborate on specific customer situations, industry activities and joint policy positions
- Clean Energy will commit to fulfill at least 50% of its light and medium duty natural gas commercial vehicle needs from Westport and BAF during the term of the marketing agreement