Southwestern Energy Company ( SWN) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Southwestern Energy Company fell $0.62 (-1.7%) to $36.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,520,725 shares of Southwestern Energy Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,783,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.25-$37.60 after having opened the day at $36.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.97. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), down 7.3%, FX Energy ( FXEN), down 5.8%, HyperDynamics Corporation ( HDY), down 5.2% and Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southwestern Energy Company Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.