McCormick & Company ( MKC) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, McCormick & Company fell $1.44 (-2.0%) to $70.59 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,203,005 shares of McCormick & Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 623,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $69.60-$71.94 after having opened the day at $70.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.03. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Tianli Agritech ( OINK), down 4.2%, Le Gaga Holdings ( GAGA), down 3.8%, China Shengda Packaging Group ( CPGI), down 3.4% and United-Guardian ( UG), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full McCormick & Company Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.