Tesoro Corporation ( TSO) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Tesoro Corporation fell $1.31 (-2.4%) to $52.79 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,718,879 shares of Tesoro Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,891,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.70-$54.84 after having opened the day at $54.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.10. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Great Basin Gold ( GBG), down 57.7%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 15.6%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 12.7% and Polymet Mining ( PLM), down 11.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Tesoro Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.