Northeast Utilities ( NU) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Northeast Utilities rose $0.48 (1.2%) to $41.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,834,737 shares of Northeast Utilities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,393,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.45-$42.26 after having opened the day at $41.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.26. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: TransAlta Corporation ( TAC), up 10.4%, U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), up 8.2%, Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), up 4.8% and Huaneng Power International ( HNP), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Northeast Utilities Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.