J.C. Penney ( JCP) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, J.C. Penney rose $0.84 (5.2%) to $16.99 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9,647,576 shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,354,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.23-$17.09 after having opened the day at $16.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.15. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Destination XL Group ( DXLG), up 70.9%, Digital Domain Media Group ( DDMG), up 64.9%, Digital Domain Media Group ( DDMGQ), up 64.9% and Spar Group ( SGRP), up 32.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.