Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold rose $0.45 (1.7%) to $27.30 on light volume. Throughout the day, 12,285,306 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 20,497,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.02-$27.55 after having opened the day at $27.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.85. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Pacific Booker Minerals ( PBM), up 16.9%, United States Antimony Corporation ( UAMY), up 9.5%, Avino Silver & Gold Mines ( ASM), up 8.3% and Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.