Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose $0.94 (1.6%) to $58.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,734,246 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,124,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.41-$58.32 after having opened the day at $57.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.26. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: National Security Group ( NSEC), up 6.8%, Radian Group ( RDN), up 5.3%, United Fire Group ( UFCS), up 5.2% and MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.