Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar rose $0.86 (1.1%) to $82.96 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,630,896 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,992,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.55-$83.17 after having opened the day at $82.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.10. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: Highpower International ( HPJ), up 12.4%, JinkoSolar ( JKS), up 10.3%, Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corp ( APWC), up 9.8% and Cleantech Solutions International ( CLNT), up 9.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.