Thermo Fisher Scientific ( TMO) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Thermo Fisher Scientific rose $1.97 (2.4%) to $85.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,206,947 shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,979,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $84.00-$85.76 after having opened the day at $84.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $83.40. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Mela ( MELA), up 17.6%, ZIOPHARM Oncology ( ZIOP), up 16.2%, Cytokinetics ( CYTK), up 11.1% and Intercept Pharmaceuticals ( ICPT), up 9.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Thermo Fisher Scientific Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.