Apache Corporation ( APA) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Apache Corporation rose $0.89 (1.1%) to $84.06 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,432,499 shares of Apache Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,681,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $83.30-$84.22 after having opened the day at $83.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $83.17. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: KiOR ( KIOR), up 18.4%, Bellatrix Exploration ( BXE), up 12.1%, Vantage Drilling ( VTG), up 9.1% and SMF Energy Corporation ( FUEL), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Apache Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.