Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Actavis rose $2.57 (2.1%) to $125.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,627,498 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,652,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $123.70-$126.47 after having opened the day at $123.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $123.29. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: ZIOPHARM Oncology ( ZIOP), up 16.2%, Cytokinetics ( CYTK), up 11.1%, Intercept Pharmaceuticals ( ICPT), up 9.8% and Zalicus ( ZLCS), up 9.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.