Estee Lauder Cos ( EL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Estee Lauder Cos rose $0.83 (1.3%) to $66.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 978,400 shares of Estee Lauder Cos exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,785,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $66.22-$67.03 after having opened the day at $66.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.64. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: STR Holdings ( STRI), up 12.8%, Westport Innovations ( WPRT), up 9.3%, Verso Paper ( VRS), up 7.5% and Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Estee Lauder Cos Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.