Ashland ( ASH) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Ashland rose $0.96 (1.1%) to $84.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 483,988 shares of Ashland exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,204,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $84.03-$85.05 after having opened the day at $84.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $83.85. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 20.8%, Ceres ( CERE), up 18.1%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 7.5% and Omnova Solutions ( OMN), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ashland Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.