Hess ( HES) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Hess rose $1.34 (2.0%) to $67.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,362,739 shares of Hess exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,276,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $66.21-$67.50 after having opened the day at $66.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.71. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 20.8%, KiOR ( KIOR), up 18.4%, Ceres ( CERE), up 18.1% and Pacific Booker Minerals ( PBM), up 16.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hess Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.