Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), one of the world’s largest motion picture exhibitors, today announced that it has contracted to purchase land to construct a new 14-screen, all-digital movie theatre in Frisco, Texas. The new theatre complex will be located at Frisco North, a 320 acre mixed use project being developed in partnership between Ernest Mahard and Forest City Enterprises. Frisco North, located on the Southwest corner of the Dallas North Tollway and U.S. 380, will feature major retail anchors, entertainment venues, specialty stores and restaurants, as well as other mixed-use components. Long recognized as a pioneer in the theatrical exhibition industry, Cinemark is taking the cinema entertainment experience to the next level. The new Cinemark NextGen theatres will offer the latest technology, cutting edge amenities and customer-preferred options all under one roof. NextGen amenities will include:
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor screens available in all auditoriums
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability
- Enhanced sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended
- Cinemark’s innovative self-serve concession stand – offering freshly-popped popcorn, Coca-Cola fountain beverages and favorite candy brands
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium
“We couldn’t be happier to have Cinemark join Frisco North. They are a first rate operator and will provide a premium movie experience to the surrounding communities of the North Frisco marketplace,” says Brian Ratner, President Forest City Texas, Inc.About Cinemark Holdings, Inc. Cinemark is a leading domestic and international motion picture exhibitor, operating 467 theatres with 5,259 screens in 39 U.S. states, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and 10 other Latin American countries as of March 31, 2013. For more information go to www.cinemark.com.