NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Public Storage (NYSE: PSA) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A-. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- PUBLIC STORAGE has improved earnings per share by 27.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PUBLIC STORAGE increased its bottom line by earning $3.84 versus $3.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.57 versus $3.84).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 2.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $205.85 million to $211.22 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 46.80% is the gross profit margin for PUBLIC STORAGE which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 43.27% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $309.34 million or 10.67% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.12%.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.