NEW YORK, June 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- British Airways today took delivery of its first Boeing 787 aircraft, flying from Seattle into the airline's home: London Heathrow. British Airways also announced that tickets for the new 787s are now on sale for customers traveling from Toronto, Canada beginning September 1 and for customers traveling from Newark, New Jersey on October 1, 2013, subject to regulatory approval.
- Low levels of cabin noise resulting in increased rest for customers.
- A higher humidity level in the cabins reduces the 'drying effect' so customers arrive feeling refreshed. This is the result of a difference in pressurization where cabin altitude is the equivalent of 6,000ft; 2,000ft lower than on other aircraft.
- The aircraft's smooth ride technology provides extra comfort during any turbulence.
- The bespoke lighting in every cabin can be set to reflect the time of day, helping to lull travellers to sleep at night and to wake them in the morning.
- Customers can also enjoy much larger windows, offering views of the horizon from every seat.