MSC Industrial Direct ( MSM) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, MSC Industrial Direct fell $0.83 (-1.1%) to $78.18 on average volume. Throughout the day, 360,753 shares of MSC Industrial Direct exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 388,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $78.10-$79.54 after having opened the day at $79.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.01. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Bluelinx Holdings ( BXC), down 10.7%, InfoSonics Corporation ( IFON), down 10.4%, Empire Resources Incorporated ( ERS), down 6.1% and Chindex International ( CHDX), down 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MSC Industrial Direct Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.