Southwest Airlines ( LUV) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines fell $0.38 (-2.9%) to $12.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,481,943 shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,539,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.92-$13.26 after having opened the day at $13.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.35. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Globus Maritime ( GLBS), down 8.1%, Diana Containerships ( DCIX), down 6.6%, Seanergy Maritime Holdings ( SHIP), down 5.8% and Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.