Ciena Corporation ( CIEN) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Ciena Corporation fell $0.28 (-1.4%) to $19.35 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,219,388 shares of Ciena Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,986,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.33-$19.88 after having opened the day at $19.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.63. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: MeetMe ( MEET), down 15.9%, Friendfinder Networks ( FFN), down 15.4%, InfoSonics Corporation ( IFON), down 10.4% and Vimicro International Corporation ( VIMC), down 9.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ciena Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.