Varian Medical Systems ( VAR) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Varian Medical Systems fell $0.74 (-1.1%) to $65.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,223,814 shares of Varian Medical Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 799,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $65.74-$67.61 after having opened the day at $67.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.60. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Pingtan Marine Enterprise ( PME), down 65.0%, CombiMatrix Corporation ( CBMX), down 14.8%, Stereotaxis ( STXS), down 12.3% and NewLink Genetics ( NLNK), down 11.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Varian Medical Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.